TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 21-11-2023
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
1. From 19-11-2023, 1700 hrs. to 20-11-2023, 1700 hrs., Jammu-Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 05 hrs. 25 mins due to damaged road at Kishtwari Pather, Banihal. Slow movement was observed on NH-44 due to breakdown of 03 HMVs and poor surface condition of road at Dalwas and single lane traffic at Cafeteria-Mehad, Magerkote, Nachlana between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
2. Restoration work at Kishtwari Pather has not been completed yet. Traffic is being managed in a regulated manner. People are advised to follow lane driving to avoid congestion.
3. Passengers/LMVs operators are advised to prefer journey on Jammu-Srinagar NHW during day time. Please avoid journey during night hours as movement of nomads from Kashmir valley towards Jammu may cause inconvenience to the commuters.
4. HMVs Operators/Owners are requested to desist from overloading and carry sufficient fuel during journey on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. It is further requested that vehicle owners must double check the fitness of their vehicles and carry sufficient fuel before undertaking journey on Jammu-Srinagar NHW.
5. HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 21-11-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars/HMVs/Load Carriers shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway (NH-44) viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. Commuters are advised to follow lane discipline.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, Security Forces vehicles shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW (NH-44) viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, vehicular movement on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumari road shall be allowed from both sides viz Srinagar towards Kargil and vice-versa. LMVs followed by HMVs shall be allowed from Minamarg towards Srinagar between 0730 hrs. to 1100 hrs. Similarly, LMVs followed by HMVs shall be allowed from Sonamarg towards Kargil between 1300 hrs to 1700 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut off timings.
SFs Convoy, plying from Srinagar to Kargil, shall leave Srinagar at 0800 hrs. SFs Convoy plying from Drass to Srinagar shall plan their movement in such a manner so that Civil Traffic doesn’t get disturbed.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, vehicular movement on Mughal road shall be allowed from both sides viz. Poonch towards Shopian and vice versa. These vehicles shall be allowed from Behramgalla (Buffliaz) and Herpora (Shopian) between 0600 hrs. to 1800 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut of timings
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road.